Monday, December 31, 2012

Names


So I'm experimenting with names now.

Some I've found that I enjoy:

Isabelle, Ylia, Ilya, Sylvia, Aya, Terra, Skye. I like these things: vowell-y, sibilants, labials, kinda exotic, not in the Bible, nickname potential.

Some I've tried and rejected:
Heather (too prim, though I like the vowels and the rhythm)
Luna (too Harry Potter, too Moon)
Phoebe (too Moon, though I like the vowels and the nickname potential, too much a friend)
Tara (rhymes too closely with my sister's name, none of the above criteria, though I like the music)

Maybe I should try making some up. Any suggestions? All are welcome!

-Isa

2 comments:

  1. I've always loved the name Hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hadn't thought of that one. I kinda like it. It's full of goodness, wishes, futures, something better. Also very bluesy. No sibilants, no labials, but it is vowelly...well, it's on the big list now :) Thanks!

      Delete